54 ers
16 ees
sj

sj

Don't look at me, I'm hideous right now.

By which I mean this page.  Srsly, don't look at it until I have it all fixed.

Until then, you can read my regular blog here.

I was/am also sj on goodreads.

Ashes of Honor: An October Daye Novel

Ashes of Honor  - Seanan McGuire Bluh. What the hell happened with Toby?I kind of hated Rosemary and Rue, and didn't really start to CARE about any of these people until One Salt Sea, but I was really looking forward to this one. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, it was not as bad as the first one, but as bad as...[looks at ratings] An Artificial Night. I didn't HATE it, but there was little to keep me reading, either.Blah, blah, blah, nothing's happening.Blah, blah, blah, Toby's being stupid again.Blah, blah, blah, WHY IS SHE MENTIONING TOLKIEN AGAIN?!Seriously, I just did a scan through of the ebook and there are at least 8 Tolkien references in this book. WTAF? Why is that necessary? AND THEY'RE ALL MOVIE REFERENCES, TOO![sigh]I realize this is fairly ranty, but I just wish she'd go back to the awesomeness of the last book. Or In Sea-Salt Tears, which was gorgeous and made me cry. More Luidaeg, please!Also, if Quentin doesn't turn out to be a Canadian fae-prince/king in training I will eat my shoe.