54 ers
16 ees
sj

sj

Don't look at me, I'm hideous right now.

By which I mean this page.  Srsly, don't look at it until I have it all fixed.

Until then, you can read my regular blog here.

I was/am also sj on goodreads.

The Adventures of Tom Bombadil

The Adventures of Tom Bombadil - J.R.R. Tolkien, Roger Garland Originally posted here.The Adventures of Tom Bombadil is even shorter than Farmer Giles of Ham, but instead of prose it's a slim little book of poetry.  The first two poems are indeed about our old pal Tom Bom, jolly Tom, Tom Bombadillo.  In the first we learn a bit of his history with Old Man Willow and in the second, he attends a party with our other old friend Farmer Maggot.Also included are a silly little poem about the man in the moon coming down for an evening of drunken revelry, the poem about oliphaunts that Samwise recited for Gollum in The Two Towers, and a heartbreaking little poem about Firiel the elf declining a spot on the last ship to the Grey Havens.There are (obviously) others, as well, but these are the few that have always remained firmly in my mind when I think of this book.If you weren't into the poems and songs in The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, you probably won't enjoy this book either.  If you loved them, though, you'll love this too.