54 ers
16 ees
sj

sj

Don't look at me, I'm hideous right now.

By which I mean this page.  Srsly, don't look at it until I have it all fixed.

Until then, you can read my regular blog here.

I was/am also sj on goodreads.

Shotgun Gravy (Atlanta Burns)

Shotgun Gravy - Chuck Wendig Originally posted here as part of the 30 Day Book Challenge.A Book So Emotionally Draining, I Had To Set It AsideI've made no secret of the fact that Chuck Wendig's Miriam Black books are some of my favourites that I've read so far this year, and have encouraged several people to pick them up (most of them have liked them too, yay!) so I kind of knew what to expect going in.  If you visit this book on goodreads, you'll see the following in the blurb:(Warning: title features mature themes, profanity, and violence.)It's probably a good thing that it mentions that up front because this book COULD BE triggery as fuck to some people.  Atlanta Burns, our protagonist, has been through far too much in her short 17 years of life.  The answers to just what she's had to deal with are doled out slowly throughout, but you know early on that whatever it was wasn't pretty....and even though she's been a victim herself, she'll be damned if she'll sit by and just watch it happen to other people.Even though it's short (it is only a novella), those few pages pack a brass knuckle punch straight to your gut.  I can't even count the number of times I was UGLY CRYING during the few hours it took me to read it.Unfortunately, many of us have been in the situations described here.Unfortunately, so many of us wish we'd had an Atlanta to stand up and take vengeance on our bullies/molesters/rapists/abusers, but we didn't.  So we sat quietly and took it.  Telling ourselves it would get better eventually - and sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't.I got up no less than three times while reading, tears streaming down my face, pacing, wringing my hands, telling myself that there was just NO WAY I could continue reading.But I did.And I'm so glad.For realsies, guys.  If you can make it through it, Shotgun Gravy is totally worth it.  It's only 99¢ and it's so completely worth your time and the DOLLAR you will spend on the ebook.Just be prepared for it to rip your emotions a new one.