54 ers
16 ees
sj

sj

Don't look at me, I'm hideous right now.

By which I mean this page.  Srsly, don't look at it until I have it all fixed.

Until then, you can read my regular blog here.

I was/am also sj on goodreads.

The Shadow of the Torturer; The Claw of the Conciliator; The Sword of the Lictor; The Citadel of the Autarch; Urth of the New Sun (The Book of the New Sun, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) - Gene Wolfe I already have plans to re-read this again in a few months, so I'll put off a proper post until then. I feel like I won't actually be qualified to discuss it until I've read it all at least twice. And that's really the whole point, innit? Nothing makes any kind of sense until almost the end, and even then you're left wondering what else you missed that maybe seemed unimportant the first, second, fifth time through. I wasn't entirely impressed with the first two books (well, the second mostly), but now I look forward to revisiting them. No ratings til I've re-read. Of the Book of the New Sun liturgy of the Pelerines, I will say nothing. Such things cannot always be well described, and even when they can, it is less than proper to do so.